On 05/16/16 CPD was dispatched to the 700 block of Fairground Ave to assist EMS with an overdose. The caller reported a male at the residence overdosed on Heroin.
Police were the first to arrive at the residence. Police were met at the front door by a juvenile male who directed the officer to a bathroom in the rear of the house next to the kitchen. In the bathroom a female was attempting to do CPR on an unconscious male on the floor while she was talking to 9-1-1.
The CPD Officer assessed the male then administered a dose of Narcan. A Firefighter/EMT from the Chambersburg Fire Department arrived and provided rescue breaths utilizing a BVM.
With no change in condition police administered the second dose of Narcan. After still no change a third dose of Narcan was administered. Due to the actions of the officer and firerighter the patient came around, just as EMS arrived on location.